The 6 Major Challenges for College Workforce Organizations:
Meeting the needs of business has become more complicated and the demand for partnering with business will grow.
The 6 Major Challenges that most College Workforce organizations face on a daily basis are:
1. Doing more with less - How can you provide need assessments, customize, develop and implement more more new campaigns (Specials, Promotions, etc.), events (Lunch n Learns, Seminars, etc.), and Course Programs that will increase without increasing staff or overhead costs?
2. Increasing competition - How to you compete with local, national and international competition without running your offerings at a cost that negatively impact the organization's operating margin.
3. Need for information - How do you gather information about industries and customers so that you can better target them, as well as new customers with similar profiles?
4. Business Outreach - How do you reach out to business prospects, converting them from interested into leads-and leads into customers?
5. Partnerships - Who can you trust and how do you develop, monitor and maintain strategic, long term partnerships without jeopardizing your brand in the community?
6. Cost of doing business - How do you adjust your expense requirements or prices to compensate for a poor economy or an increase in promotion, development and operation costs?
The planning process is essential to meeting these challenges as you transition from a workforce organization of the college to a for-profit based B2B operation.
Jeff Roth, is a CSS Educational Consultant that enjoys turning problems and ideas into strategic and tactical advantages for our colleges and universities.